Growth Hormone Therapy
Growth Hormone Therapy
As you may know, the pituitary produces growth hormone in healthy amounts when we’re younger. This is important because growth hormone does just what the name implies: it promotes the growth and repair of cells.
But as the pituitary ages, it produces less growth hormone, and aging occurs as a consequence. While not to be confused with the fountain of youth, restoring growth hormone to healthy levels can be very useful with regard to managing the aging process.
Research has shown that growth hormone therapy can produce the following results:
- Skin—Increased elasticity, texture, and tightness, particularly in the face.
- Energy—Increased energy and emotional stability.
- Bone—Improved bone strength and mass.
- Libido—Increased sex drive.
- Muscle—Increased muscle strength and mass.
- Fat—Decreased body fat, particularly in the abdomen.
- Healing—Shorter recovery time from injuries and exercise.
- Memory—Enhanced brain function and growth of neuron dendrites.
- Heart—Improved cardiovascular strength and lowered blood pressure.
- Kidney—Improved kidney function.
- Immune System—Improved immunity and healing.
- Hair—Improved hair texture.
- Cholesterol—Elevated HDL (good cholesterol) and lowered LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Mental Health—Increased emotional stability and sense of wellbeing.
- Metabolism—Increased metabolism and greater ability to control weight.
- Stress—Increased protection from the ravages of stress and cortisol.
We don’t actually supplement with human growth hormone by itself. We utilize the power of secretagogues to increase Growth Hormone and Insulin Like Growth Factor (ILGF-1). Secretagogues are proteins and agents that help stimulate an increase of the body’s own endogenous human growth hormone. The main secretagogues that increase human growth hormone and ILGF-1 are:
- Sermorelin is a growth hormone releasing hormone (or GHRH) that works by stimulating the pituitary to begin producing its own growth hormone. If you’ve spent much time on our site, you know that we strongly support restoring hormones to healthy levels in the most natural way possible. A significant benefit of sermorelin is that it enables the production of growth hormone to be regulated at the level of the pituitary gland, resulting in episodic “dosing” of growth hormone—which is exactly what your body does naturally.
GHRP-2 And GHRP-6
- Like sermorelin, GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 stimulate the body to produce or secrete its own growth hormone—which is why they are collectively known as “secretagogues.” However, because GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 act on different receptors, they can sometimes deliver results when sermorelin by itself cannot. Think of GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 as sermorelin boosters.
- Just like sermorelin, both GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 help the body to produce and use more of its own natural growth hormone, with the same natural “dosing” effect as sermorelin. GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 also promote increased muscle stamina and faster muscle recovery, making them ideal for active people seeking to renew their youthful physiques.
To Maximize the effect of Growth Hormone therapy, you may want to consider Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
To be directed to our Testosterone Replacement Therapy page, click here
Questions & Answers
- Are secretagogues used in men and women? Yes, both men and women see substantial anti-aging benefits of growth hormone secretagogue therapy.
- Are Secretagogues safe? Yes they have been studied widely and are safe and natural at producing higher levels of HGH in the body.
- Will HGH Therapy work for everyone? Secretagogues will not work for everyone, however most people do see substantial results. For some people the pituitary is simply worn out, and no amount of stimulation will cause it to produce more growth hormone.
- How are the secretagogues given? They come in both painless subcutaneous injections and oral troche, which dissolve in your mouth.
- How soon can I expect to see results? Results start to show up in a few weeks and results can be ongoing for years if therapy is continued.
- Are there any side effects if I stop therapy? HGH therapy is safe and effective and can be utilized for years with ongoing benefits as described above. The good thing about secretagogue therapy is that if you stop using sermorelin or GHRP-2 your Growth Hormone levels will return to normal and they will not be suppressed. Therefore there are no long term side effects from stopping therapy.
To learn more about how we may help you with your hormone related needs…