Our Pain Management program was established to provide relief for those who suffer from acute or chronic pain. Pain is an unpleasant sense of discomfort somewhere in the body. Acute pain arises suddenly in response to a specific injury and is usually treatable. Chronic pain is that same discomfort, but it persists or progresses over a long period of time. When the pain interferes with activities of daily living, it is time to seek treatment.
Our primary goals of treatment include:
- Decreasing pain
- Increasing mobility
- Diminishing dependency on pain medication
- Decreasing medical complications of pain
- Allowing patients to be involved in their own pain management treatments
Interventional Pain Management
- Interventional Pain Management is a department of pain management that specializes in an array of pain blocking techniques often in the form of injection therapies. Interventional pain management is different from other pain management practices because it emphasizes the importance of an exact diagnosis. Sometimes to manage acute or chronic pain, medication or therapy may not be enough. Under these circumstances interventional pain management can be extremely helpful in managing acute or chronic pain.
Medical Pain Management
- Medical Pain Management never uses a “one-size-fits-all” approach to treat a patient’s pain. We recognize that every person has different preferences, needs, and lifestyles that require attention to detail when establishing a program for the treatment of pain. Whether it is methods using medication or more holistic approach, we value each patient’s situation and adjust our treatment accordingly. Medical Pain Management is important for ongoing pain control, especially if you suffer long term or chronic pain.
- PRP is a revolutionary new treatment for painful conditions which involves the use of stem cells to help regenerate new tissue. This has given physicians new options for treating pain management issues. The procedure involves injecting PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) into tendons, joints, etc to trigger the healing process. Studies suggest pain reduction by 80% or more in some patients. Visit our Platelet Rich Plasma page for more information.
- Chiropractic is a natural method of healthcare that treats the causes of physical problems. Chiropractic is based on a simple but powerful premise: With a healthy lifestyle and normally functioning nerves and spine, your body is better able to heal itself. Visit our Chiropractic page to learn more.
Physical/ Manual Therapy
- Physical therapy can be highly effective for all types of chronic pain. One of the goals of physical therapy is to strengthen the body. When we are suffering from pain, and lacking physical activity and movement, our bodies become weaker and can actually cause us more pain as time goes on.
- Massaging sore muscles is obviously helpful in reducing pain. The stress response in the body associated with pain, such as elevated cortisol, are reduced greatly through massage. Massage in combination with other medical pain management approaches can be extremely beneficial in reducing acute or chronic pain.
At Center for Advanced Medicine, our patients receive an individualized treatment plan with the most advanced services available. We offer multiple non-surgical pain management services under one roof. Our team of medical doctors, chiropractors and therapists communicate and work together to develop the perfect treatment plan for our patients. We offer traditional pain management, interventional pain management and array of chiropractic, physical therapy, and massage therapy services. We have found that a combination of services are usually needed to increase patient satisfaction and to improve overall patient outcomes.
Pain Conditions We Treat:
To learn more about how we may help you with your pain management issue, visit our eLearning Center